Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is it for?
You, likely, but not certainly. See here for more details.
2. How do I decide between the Bootcamp, the Quant Tour and the Marathon?
- The main difference between the Bootcamp or Quant Tour and the Marathon is in the scope and depth of learning. While all are fueled by the ARPM Lab, the Bootcamp provides a broad overview across all fields of modern quantitative finance; the Quant Tour allows for a longer period of time to absorb this overview and work through the theory and case studies; the Marathon delivers a masters level, in-depth knowledge of the same.
- The Bootcamp and Quant Tour cater more to people who want to understand the inter-relationships between the topics across theory and implementation, while with the Marathon, you get mastery of topics across theory and implementation.
- The Bootcamp is delivered onsite in New York once per year in an intense six-day program. The Marathon is delivered online and includes live sessions, so there are Spring and Fall terms that follow specific schedules. The Quant Tour can be begun at any time and is a self-paced program.
1. How much does it cost? Is there any special pricing?
We have different pricing for different categories of people. We offer early bird pricing for enrolling in the Bootcamp. See here. We also offer large group discounts. Please contact email@example.com for inquires.
2. How do I pay for it?
You can go to our Pricing page here, select the program and pay by credit card. We accept all major credit cards. We also accept payment through bank wires and certified checks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
3. Is there any monthly plan?
Yes, we offer a financial plan. Please contact email@example.com
4. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our Pricing page.
1. Is there any deadline to enroll for the Bootcamp?
The Bootcamp registration closes when all available seats are filled.
2. What if I am unable to travel to New York for the Bootcamp?
We will be delivering the Bootcamp via live stream for those who are unable to attend in person.
3. Can I record the lectures at the Bootcamp?
Recording (video and/or audio) is NOT permitted at our facilities.
4. Would I be able to interact with Dr Meucci outside of the lectures during the Bootcamp?
Yes, there is a Q&A session on Friday for attendees to discuss questions with Attilio Meucci.
5. Do I need a laptop during the Bootcamp?
It is highly recommended. Also, ensure you have several hours of battery life to last you throughout a full day of lectures.
6. Is there any dress code for the Bootcamp?
The dress code is casual. We believe it is important to feel comfortable in order to best absorb the materials.
7. Is the Bootcamp available in other languages?
The lectures are in English. The study materials are available in many languages.
8. Would you help me get the US visa for the Bootcamp?
We provide formal letters of invitation upon request.
1. How do I prepare for the Bootcamp?
We recommend you brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
Additionally, you can sign up for the preparation classes on Math, Python or Matlab.
Also, we recommend you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (accessible upon free account registration).
Finally, for the onsite event, we will make the whole Lab accessible at a large discount two months before the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquires.
2. What course material would I have access to?
Attendees have full access to the ARPM Lab: theory, case studies, data animations, documentation, code (Python/MATLAB), slides and exercises.
1. Are there any networking opportunities?
Yes. One of the reasons to attend the Bootcamp is a chance to network with a large community of finance professionals and academics, see here.
Sign up for the ARPM BootcampSIGN UP NOW
Fordham University Lincoln Center
113 W 60th St, New York, NY 10023