Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are there any networking opportunities?
Yes. One of the reasons to attend the ARPM Bootcamp is the opportunity to network with a large community of finance professionals and academics, during the breaks as well as during our networking events.
2. How do I prepare for the ARPM Bootcamp?
Once you enroll, during the months leading to the ARPM Bootcamp you will have access to our on-boarding process, which includes pointers, preparatory case studies, and forum support.
Furthermore, we recommend that you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management and become familiar with the structure of the ARPM Lab.
Finally, please brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
3. Is there any discount offered to firms that plan to send more than one participant to attend the ARPM Bootcamp?
Yes, discounted group rates are available. Please contact bootcamp [AT] arpm.co
4. Is there a deadline to sign up for the ARPM Bootcamp?
Registration closes when all available seats are filled. As such, we encourage you to register early to secure the spot.
5. Is it necessary to have a laptop during the lectures?
It is highly recommendable. Also, ensure you have several hours of battery life to last you throughout a full day of lectures.
6. Is there a dress code that needs to be followed during the ARPM Bootcamp?
The dress code is casual. We feel it is important to feel comfortable in order to best absorb the materials.
7. Is it possible to interact with Dr. Meucci outside the lectures?
Yes, there are Q&A sessions on Friday and Saturday for attendees to discuss questions with Attilio Meucci.
8. What materials are retained by the attendees?
Attendees are granted free full access to the ARPM Lab until the end of the year in which they attend the ARPM Bootcamp.
Furthermore, attendees are granted access to the video-lectures in the ARPM MOOC as soon as they are uploaded, upon filling the feedback form and recording a short interview.
9. Do attendees have access to video recordings of the lectures and on-screen activity?
Yes, attendees are granted access to the video-lectures in the ARPM MOOC as soon as they are uploaded, upon filling the feedback form and recording a short interview.
10. Can we record the lectures?
Recording (video and/or audio) is NOT permitted on NYU facilities.
11. What are the differences between the ARPM Bootcamp, the ARPM MOOC, and the ARPM Marathon?
The ARPM Bootcamp (onsite experience) also gives you access to the ARPM MOOC (online recordings).
For the differences with the ARPM Marathon, please refer to our course comparison page here.
12. Is there a mandatory exam?
No. There are optional exams, for those who intend to pursue the Certificate in Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management.
13. What kind of visa should I apply for to enter the USA?
Please contact a travel agent or the US Embassy/Consulate in your area www.usembassy.gov
We provide formal invitation letters upon request.
14. Can I take the exam outside the USA?
Yes, we always make arrangements worldwide
15. How does one prepare for the ARPM Certificate
The ARPM Certificate exam is “open books”, so emphasis is on understanding, rather than memorization.
To prepare for the ARPM Certificate® you need to study in depth the Checklist, and Linear Factor Models, and to be able to consult the other modules of the ARPM Lab.
It is a large body of knowledge, which requires time and commitment.
16. I’ve heard the class has many students. Would a smaller class be better?
Having a large number of participants is the only way to make such a high-profile event available at such a reduced price.
Furthermore, the large number of participants is actually an advantage:
First of all, there are numerous informal and formal networking opportunities.
Second, given the large number of participants, Dr. Meucci always stays precisely on schedule and, hence, covers all course material in a timely manner.
Finally, participants can address and discuss course related questions via the ARPM Forum.
17. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our packages page.