Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does the ARPM Certificate compare with a Master's in Financial Engineering (MFE), CFA, FRM, PRM, or CQF designation?
Unlike in any of the above programs, the ARPM Certificate is based on and backed by the ARPM Lab, our unified, all-encompassing, interactive e-learning platform with all the study materials, delivered on different channels: theory, code, exercises, case studies, simulation clips, slides, etc.
a) ARPM vs CFA/FRM/PRM: the ARPM Certificate demonstrates a higher mathematical proficiency and complements such designations
b) ARPM vs MFE: the four modules of the ARPM Certificate (Financial Engineering for Investment, Data Science for Finance, Quantitative Risk Management, Quantitative Portfolio Management) have a narrower focus than an MFE; cost and time commitment are much less
c) ARPM vs CQF: the ARPM Certificate focuses on investments, rather than derivatives pricing; cost is much less
2. Are the ARPM Certificate exams difficult?
We set the bar high in order for the ARPM Certificate to speak for your skills to the employers that trust us.
4. Do I need to subscribe to the ARPM Lab or enroll in a course (ARPM Marathon, ARPM Bootcamp, ARPM MOOC) to prepare for the ARPM Certificate?
You do not need to do any of the above. However ARPM has built an ecosystem that eases your preparation
a) the materials in the ARPM Lab are tailored to cover the ARPM Certificate Body of Knowledge
b) the ARPM courses are tailored to teach the ARPM Certificate Body of Knowledge, based on the ARPM Lab.
Hence, you may find it convenient to package the ARPM Certificate with other products.
5. How do I estimate the preparation time?
Self-study preparation varies greatly based on your background. For reference, you will need approximately 5 months to take both Level I and Level II, if you choose to be guided by the ARPM Marathon.
6. What if I fail? How many times and when can I repeat an exam of the ARPM Certificate?
You can repeat either Level I or Level II exams any number of times, whenever the exams are offered, at the discounted repeat price.
7. Can I take the Level I exam, the Level II exam, and the Practical project in any order?
Yes, you do not need to follow any specific order, as long as you complete the three pieces within a time span of three years.
8. If I cannot take the exam(s) on the scheduled date(s), can I participate to the next exam session(s) for free?
Please refer to the refund policy, on the package pricing page.