“Personal Data” includes any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to any identifiers such as name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you.
ARPM is the “controller” and is responsible for deciding how Personal Data is used. We are a limited liability company organized under the laws of New York.
When ARPM collects Personal Data from you We collect Personal Data from you when you do any of the following:
Online: • When you visit our Website, our web servers identify various elements about your access, including the IP address of your computer, type of browser, operating system, etc.
• When you complete a form, download software, sign up for a mailing list, etc.
• When you register for an ARPM account.
• When you use the ARPM cloud or community, including blog comments and user feedback.
• When you submit content through web-based sites/services.
• When you use email or other means for technical support or other help requests.
• When you attend an online training course/seminar.
• When you use web-service-accessing commands in a desktop product.
In Purchases: • When you purchase a product or service, including but not limited to licenses to electronic books, courses, or other content.
• When you access products via a site associated with your organization or institution.
On the Phone: • When you call us for support, information, sales or other general questions about our company.
In Person: • When we host or participate in seminars, webinars, conferences, training sessions, and other in-person events. We may ask you to complete a form if you are interested in hearing more about what ARPM has to offer.
What Personal Data ARPM collects We only collect and store the Personal Data necessary to provide you with your desired services or products. Depending on the circumstances, the following are the types of Personal Data you might provide us:
• Name and contact information for you as an individual or organization/institution.
• Account information, such as your ARPM ID and password. We also may store account information that you may choose to provide to us relating to your accounts with third-party service providers.
• Payment information.
• License and subscription information, such as the ARPM products and services you have purchased and the licensed users and devices for those products.
• Usage information, such as which ARPM products and services you use, when and how you access or use our products and services, error reports, web analytics (cookies) and performance data.
• Device and network information, such as your IP address and operating system.
• The content of your communications to us, such as feedback and technical support requests.
• Other information that you submit to ARPM, such as information requests, use of ARPM online data upload and storage, or submissions to community or other websites.
How ARPM uses the Personal Data collected • To provide products, services and support requested by you or on your behalf.
• To process and ship orders that you place with us or that are placed on your behalf, and to provide you with documentation or other material in support of such orders.
• To enable registration or to authenticate an ARPM ID.
• To provide you with secure use of our Website, products and services.
• To manage licenses or subscriptions and the use of our products and services.
• To administer and improve our products, Website and services.
• To enable delivery of training or other services.
• To provide responsive and accurate information in conjunction with an order for products or services.
• To respond to or record an application for the ARPM bootcamp, seminar, conference or other event.
• To obtain feedback measuring your satisfaction with ARPM products, services and events.
• To notify you of new products, updates and other information about ARPM products or services.
• To provide information regarding the renewal of agreements, version upgrades and other notifications about products and services that you license or use.
• To send promotional material about our company, products, services and events. You may opt out.
• To allow you to integrate ARPM products and services with third-party services at your request.
• To fulfill our agreements or comply with obligations imposed by applicable laws or law enforcement.
• To create anonymous data (without personally identifiable information) which we may use to improve the functionality of our Website.
Why ARPM retains some Personal Data Consent: You have given us clear consent to process your Personal Data for specific purposes.
Contract: Some Personal Data is necessary if we have a contract with you or to complete specific steps before entering into a contract with you.
Legal obligations: ARPM may be sometimes required to process Personal Data for non-contract based legal requirements.
Legitimate interests: The processing of your Personal Data is necessary for ARPM's legitimate interests.
How long ARPM retains Personal Data We retain the Personal Data collected on our Website as long as necessary to provide the services, products, and information associated with their use or to fulfill the purposes for which they are needed, or as permitted by applicable law. All data is logged on our servers, which may be hosted by a third-party provider.
How ARPM secures Personal Data We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of Personal Data we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration, or destruction. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized person illegally obtaining that information.
When ARPM shares Personal Data with third parties We will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose Personal Data, except in the following situations:
• You request or consent to the release of your Personal Data;
• We will disclose your Personal Data to third-party contractors and payment processors who perform services for us in connection with our Website, or to complete or confirm a transaction or series of transactions that you conduct with us;
• We will disclose your Personal Data to service providers or suppliers where the disclosure will enable that party to perform business, professional or technical support for us;
• Where you have provided your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time, we will provide your Personal Data to other select third parties approved by ARPM as offering products or services relevant and useful to you. The use by and/or content of communications from any third party will be pre-approved by ARPM; and
• We may disclose Personal Data you have provided to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, or to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others. We reserve the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
We also may share aggregated or anonymous information with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our Website or the number of people who have downloaded a particular document.
All Personal Data supplied to ARPM is stored on strong and reliable systems that are continually monitored and updated as per the latest security practices for data protection.
Your rights with respect to Personal Data ARPM processes and retains
For European residents only. Under European data protection law, you have rights to make certain requests about your Personal Data as noted below in certain circumstances. Your rights include, but are not limited to:
• The right to request access to your Personal Data.
• The right to correct your Personal Data so that it is accurate and updated.
• The right to request your Personal Data be restricted or removed.
• The right to data portability, allowing you to move, copy or transfer Personal Data.
• The right to withdraw consent to processing of your Personal Data.
Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests. For example, even if you request that we delete your Personal Data, we may need to retain your data for legal reasons. In these cases, we will explain the extent to which we were able to comply.
If you wish, you can request to receive Personal Data in possession of ARPM that concern you in a format readable by electronic devices and, where technically possible, we can transfer your data directly to a third party indicated by you.
Contacting ARPM regarding your Personal Data and your rights By emailing us at info [AT] arpm.co. or writing us at:
Attn: Compliance Department
PO Box 21079
New York, NY 10023
you can exercise various rights as outlined herein. The actions we are able to take depend on the specific Personal Data and the lawful basis under which we are processing it.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from ARPM or wish to opt out of future email promotions from ARPM, please email or write us. Please note that all promotional email messages you receive from ARPM will include an option to opt out of future email communications.
California Residents California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Notice” in the subject line.
Messages and Other Communications Communication with other members of the ARPM community is one of the Website’s features. Communications in the form of highlights, notes, comments, posts, chats, answers, votes, or other inputs that you share with other users are considered to be publicly disclosed to those users. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself through the act of discussions, chats, or other communication channels. To the extent permitted by applicable law, ARPM is not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to share within these messages or through the channels provided as a service of the Website.
Child Privacy If you are under the age of majority in your home jurisdiction, please do not use or access the Website. It is not our intention to collect or use Personal Data from anyone under the age of majority, and we will not knowingly do so. If we are made aware that we have collected any Personal Data from minors, and are asked to delete such information from our databases, we will promptly do so.
Access from Outside the United States If you access a Website from outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States, which may involve the transfer of information out of your country of origin. By allowing us to collect Personal Data about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your Personal Data.
Attn: Compliance Department
PO Box 21079
New York, NY 10023