Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is it for?
You, likely, but not certainly. See here for more details.
2. How does the ARPM Marathon compare with a Master’s in Financial Engineering (MFE)?
• The ARPM Marathon is fueled by the ARPM LAB, a unified, all-encompassing, interactive e-learning platform with all the practice materials, delivered through interconnected channels:
• Cost and time commitment are much less. The four modules of the ARPM Certificate cover all and only what you need to learn, without overlaps:
- Data Science for Finance
- Financial Engineering for Investment
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Quantitative Portfolio Management
• The ARPM Marathon also demonstrates a higher level of mathematical proficiency.
3. How do I decide between the Marathon and the Bootcamp?
• The main difference between the Marathon and the Bootcamp is in the scope and depth of learning. While both are fueled by the ARPM Lab, the Marathon provides an in-depth knowledge across all fields of modern quantitative finance; the Bootcamp gives a broad overview of the same.
• With the Marathon, you get mastery of topics across theory and implementation; the Bootcamp caters more to people who want to understand the inter-relationships between the topics across theory and implementation.
1. How much does it cost? Is there any special pricing?
2. How do I pay for it?
You can go to our Pricing page here, select the program and pay by credit card. We accept all major credit cards. We also accept payment through bank wires and certified checks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
3. Is there any monthly plan?
Yes, for our yearly packages, we offer a financial plan. Please contact email@example.com for inquires.
4. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our Pricing page.
1. Is there any deadline to enroll for the Marathon?
2. Which format do you recommend? Guided or Self-study?
We recommend the guided format because of all the support that we provide in that format. However, if you have an iron will, the self-study option provides more flexibility. For more information, please check the Marathon Delivery page. If you are ready to start, contact us, we will schedule an interview to find out with you.
3. Is there a recommended sequence of courses to attend?
Yes, the suggested sequence is:
I Data Science for Finance
II Financial Engineering for Investment
III Quantitative Risk Management
IV Quantitative Portfolio Management
4. Can I attend all the courses simultaneously? Is it possible to attend only one or a couple of the ARPM Marathon courses?
You can attend all the courses simultaneously and complete them in one quarter. You can also attend only one or two courses at a time. We recommend completing one or two courses per quarter, unless you can study full-time.
5. How much time do I need to dedicate per week for this program?
You should plan to dedicate approximately 15-20 hours weekly for each course. However, this number varies depending on your background knowledge.
6. Are the instructors available for Q&A?
Yes, ARPM instructors follow up on every question posted in the private Q&A Forum and meet the students face to face during the live flipped classroom sessions.
7. Is the Marathon available in other languages?
The study material is available in various languages. However, the live sessions are conducted only in English.
1. How do I prepare for the Bootcamp?
We recommend you brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
Additionally, you can sign up for the Math refresher.
Also, we recommend you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (accessible upon free account registration).
2. What course material would I have access to?
For both guided and self-study programs, attendees have full access to the ARPM Lab: theory, case studies, data animations, documentation, code (Python/MATLAB), slides, recorded video lectures and exercises. Also see the Marathon Delivery page for more details.
1. Do I get any certification after completing the courses of the Marathon?
A Certificate of Completion is granted after successfully completing each course of the Marathon. For the Marathon Certificate, the participants are awarded the ARPM Certificate upon passing the exams and the completion of the practical project.
2. Are the ARPM Certificate exams or any other exams mandatory as part of the ARPM Marathon?
There is no mandatory exam: the ARPM Marathon training and the ARPM Certificate are separate offerings. However, while attending the ARPM Marathon, we encourage you to pursue the ARPM Certificate. To facilitate this, we also offer the ARPM Marathon Certificate (a combination of the Marathon and the Certificate), at a special price.
3. When can I take the Certificate exams if I enroll in the ARPM Marathon Certificate?
You need to complete all the 4 courses of the Marathon first. Contact us and we would schedule an information session to suggest the best sequence of courses for you. The exams of the Certificate can be taken after that as per the exam calendar along with the submission of the practical project.