Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is it for?
You, likely, but not certainly. See here for more details.
2. How does the ARPM Marathon compare with a Master’s in Financial Engineering (MFE)?
- Cost and time commitment are much less. The four modules of the ARPM Certificate cover all and only what you need to learn, without overlaps:
- Data Science for Finance
- Financial Engineering for Investment
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Quantitative Portfolio Management
- The ARPM Marathon also demonstrates a higher level of mathematical proficiency.
- The ARPM Marathon is fueled by the ARPM LAB, a unified, all-encompassing, interactive e-learning platform with all the practice materials, delivered through interconnected channels:
3. How do I decide between the Bootcamp, the Quant Tour and the Marathon?
- The main difference between the Bootcamp or Quant Tour and the Marathon is in the scope and depth of learning. While all are fueled by the ARPM Lab, the Bootcamp provides a broad overview across all fields of modern quantitative finance; the Quant Tour allows for a longer period of time to absorb this overview and work through the theory and case studies; the Marathon delivers a masters level, in-depth knowledge of the same.
- The Bootcamp and Quant Tour cater more to people who want to understand the inter-relationships between the topics across theory and implementation, while with the Marathon, you get mastery of topics across theory and implementation.
- The Bootcamp is delivered onsite in New York once per year in an intense six-day program. The Marathon is delivered online and includes live sessions, so there are Spring and Fall terms that follow specific schedules. The Quant Tour can be begun at any time and is a self-paced program.
1. How much does it cost? Is there any special pricing?
2. How do I pay for it?
You can go to our Pricing page here, select the program and pay by credit card. We accept all major credit cards. We also accept payment through bank wires and certified checks. Please contact email@example.com for details.
3. Is there any monthly plan?
Yes, for our yearly packages, we offer a financial plan. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquires.
4. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our Pricing page.
1. Is there any deadline to enroll for the Marathon?
The Marathon program is offered in Spring and Fall terms, and you must enroll before a term begins. See here for details. If you are ready to start contact us, and we will arrange an interview to plan your schedule of Marathon courses with you.
2. Is there a recommended sequence of courses to attend?
Yes, the suggested sequence is:
I Data Science for Finance
II Financial Engineering for Investment
III Quantitative Risk Management
IV Quantitative Portfolio Management
3. Can I attend all the courses simultaneously? Is it possible to attend only one or a couple of the ARPM Marathon courses?
You can attend all the courses simultaneously and complete them in one quarter. You can also attend only one or two courses at a time. We recommend completing one or two courses per quarter, unless you can study full-time.
4. How much time do I need to dedicate per week for this program?
You should plan to dedicate approximately 15-20 hours weekly for each course. However, this number varies depending on your background knowledge.
5. Are the instructors available for Q&A?
Yes, ARPM instructors follow up on every question posted in the private Q&A Forum and meet the students face to face during the live flipped classroom sessions.
6. Is the Marathon available in other languages?
The study material is available in various languages. However, the live sessions are conducted only in English.
1. How do I prepare for the Marathon?
We recommend you brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
Additionally, you can sign up for the preparation classes on Math, Python or Matlab.
Also, we recommend you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (accessible upon free account registration).
2. What course material would I have access to?
Attendees have full access to the ARPM Lab: theory, case studies, data animations, documentation, code (Python/MATLAB), slides, recorded video lectures and exercises.
1. Do I get any certification after completing the courses of the Marathon?
A Certificate of Completion is granted after successfully completing each course of the Marathon. For the Marathon Certificate, the participants are awarded the ARPM Certificate upon passing the exams and the completion of the practical project.
2. Are the ARPM Certificate exams or any other exams mandatory as part of the ARPM Marathon?
There is no mandatory exam: the ARPM Marathon training and the ARPM Certificate are separate offerings. However, while attending the ARPM Marathon, we encourage you to pursue the ARPM Certificate. To facilitate this, we also offer the ARPM Marathon Certificate (a combination of the Marathon and the Certificate), at a special price.
3. When can I take the Certificate exams if I enroll in the ARPM Marathon Certificate?
You need to complete the Marathon courses that pertain to each exam first. (Data Science for Finance and Financial Engineering for Investment for Level I; Quantitative Risk Management and Quantitative Portfolio Management for Level II.) Contact us and we will schedule an information session to suggest the best sequence of courses for you. The Certificate exams can be taken after that as per the exam calendar along with the submission of the practical project.
Sign up for the ARPM MarathonSIGN UP NOW