Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is it for?
You, likely, but not certainly. See here for more details.
2. How does the ARPM Quant Marathon compare with a Master’s in Financial Engineering (MFE)?
- Cost and time commitment are much less. The six modules of the ARPM Certificate cover all and only what you need to learn, without overlaps:
- Data Science Foundations
- Data Science for Finance
- Advanced Data Science
- Financial Engineering for Investment
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Quantitative Portfolio Management
- The ARPM Quant Marathon also demonstrates a higher level of mathematical proficiency.
- The ARPM Quant Marathon is fueled by the ARPM LAB, a unified, all-encompassing, interactive e-learning platform with all the practice materials, delivered through interconnected channels:
3. How do I decide between the Quant Bootcamp, the Quant Bootcamp On Demand and the Quant Marathon?
- The main difference is in the scope and depth of learning. While all are fueled by the ARPM Lab, the Quant Bootcamp Streaming provides a broad overview across all fields of modern quantitative finance; the Quant Bootcamp On Demand allows for a longer period of time to absorb this overview and work through the theory and case studies and the Quant Marathon delivers a masters level, in-depth knowledge of the same.
- The Quant Bootcamp caters more to people who want to understand the inter-relationships between the topics across theory and implementation, while with the Quant Marathon, you get mastery of topics across theory and implementation.
- The 2020 Quant Bootcamp will be delivered as an interactive streaming presentation. In-person attendance in New York will be available, conditions permitting. The Quant Bootcamp On Demand can be begun at any time and is a self-paced program. The Quant Marathon is delivered online and includes live sessions, so there are Spring and Fall terms that follow specific schedules.
1. How much does it cost? Is there any special pricing?
2. How do I pay for it?
You can go to our Pricing page here, select the program and pay by credit card. We accept all major credit cards. We also accept payment through bank wires and certified checks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
3. Is there any monthly plan?
Yes, for our yearly packages, we offer a financial plan. Please contact email@example.com for inquires.
4. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our Pricing page.
1. Is there any deadline to enroll for the Quant Marathon?
The Quant Marathon program is offered in Spring and Fall terms, and you must enroll before a term begins. See here for details. If you are ready to start contact us, and we will arrange an interview to plan your schedule of Quant Marathon courses with you.
2. Is there a recommended sequence of courses to attend?
Yes, the suggested sequence is:
1. Data Science Foundations
2. Financial Engineering for Investment
3. Data Science for Finance
4. Advanced Data Science
5. Quantitative Risk Management
6. Quantitative Portfolio Management
3. Can I attend all the courses simultaneously? Is it possible to attend only one or a couple of the ARPM Quant Marathon courses?
You can attend all the courses simultaneously and complete them in one term. You can also attend only one or two courses at a time. We recommend completing one or two courses per quarter, unless you can study full-time.
4. How much time do I need to dedicate per week for this program?
You should plan to dedicate approximately 15-20 hours weekly for each course. However, this number varies depending on your background knowledge.
5. Are the instructors available for Q&A?
Yes, ARPM instructors follow up on every question posted in the private Q&A Forum and meet the students face to face during the live flipped classroom sessions.
6. Is the Quant Marathon available in other languages?
The study material is available in various languages. However, the live sessions are conducted only in English.
1. How do I prepare for the Quant Marathon?
We recommend you brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
These topics are covered in our optional 5-week Advanced Mathematics Refresher, which we recommend completing if you are not highly confident with them. Self-guided Python and MATLAB coding refreshers are also available.
Also, we recommend you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (accessible upon free account registration).
2. What course material would I have access to?
Attendees have full access to the ARPM Lab: theory, case studies, data animations, documentation, code (Python/MATLAB), slides, recorded video lectures and exercises.
1. Do I get any certification after completing the courses of the Quant Marathon?
A Certificate of Completion is granted after successfully completing each course of the Quant Marathon. For the Quant Marathon Certificate, the participants are awarded the ARPM Certificate upon passing the exams and the completion of the practical project.
2. Are the ARPM Certificate exams or any other exams mandatory as part of the ARPM Quant Marathon?
There is no mandatory exam: the ARPM Quant Marathon training and the ARPM Certificate are separate offerings. However, while attending the ARPM Quant Marathon, we encourage you to pursue the ARPM Certificate. To facilitate this, we also offer the ARPM Quant Marathon Certificate (a combination of the Quant Marathon and the Certificate), at a special price.
3. When can I take the Certificate exams if I enroll in the ARPM Quant Marathon Certificate?
You need to complete the Quant Marathon courses that pertain to each exam first. (Data Science for Finance and Financial Engineering for Investment for Level I; Quantitative Risk Management and Quantitative Portfolio Management for Level II.) Contact us and we will schedule an information session to suggest the best sequence of courses for you. The Certificate exams can be taken after that as per the exam calendar along with the submission of the practical project.
Sign up for the ARPM Quant MarathonSIGN UP NOW