Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is it for?
You, likely, but not certainly. See here for more details.
2. How do I decide between the Bootcamp, the Quant Tour and the Marathon?
• The main difference between the Bootcamp or Quant Tour and the Marathon is in the scope and depth of learning. While all are fueled by the ARPM Lab, the Bootcamp provides a broad overview across all fields of modern quantitative finance; the Quant Tour allows for a longer period of time to absorb this overview and work through the theory and case studies; the Marathon delivers a masters level, in-depth knowledge of the same.
• The Bootcamp and Quant Tour cater more to people who want to understand the inter-relationships between the topics across theory and implementation, while with the Marathon, you get mastery of topics across theory and implementation.
• The Bootcamp is delivered onsite in New York once per year in an intense six-day program. The Marathon is delivered online and includes live sessions, so there are Spring and Fall terms that follow specific schedules. The Quant Tour can be begun at any time and is a self-paced program.
1. How much does it cost? Is there any special pricing?
2. How do I pay for it?
You can go to our Pricing page here, select the program and pay by credit card. We accept all major credit cards. We also accept payment through bank wires and certified checks. Please contact email@example.com for details.
3. Is there any monthly plan?
Yes, we offer a financial plan. Please firstname.lastname@example.org for inquires.
4. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our Pricing page.
1. Is there any deadline to enroll for the Quant Tour?
No. You may enroll in and begin the Quant Tour at any time.
2. Is the Quant Tour available in other languages?
The lectures are in English. The study materials are available in many languages.
3. How much time do I need to dedicate per week for this program?
The Quant Tour is self paced, so you can spend as little or as much time as you like studying in any week. However, if you want to gain an understanding of the material presented within three months, you should plan to dedicate approximately 8-10 hours weekly. This number varies depending on your background knowledge.
4. Are the instructors available for Q&A
No. The Quant Tour is a self-guided course. You will have access to video lectures and study materials, but there is no interaction with ARPM instructors.
1. How do I prepare for the Quant Tour?
We recommend you brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
Additionally, you can sign up for the preparation classes on Math, Python or Matlab.
Also, we recommend you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (accessible upon free account registration).
2. What course material would I have access to?
Attendees have access to the ARPM Lab Lean materials: theory, case studies, data animations, documentation, code (Python/MATLAB), slides, recorded video lectures and exercises.
1. Is there a mandatory exam?
No. The Quant Tour Certificate of Completion is issued based on tracked progress in viewing the video lectures and studying the Theory/Case Studies. See the Quant Tour Overview. Also, Quant Tour students are welcome to pursue the optional Certificate in Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management - ARPM Certificate
Sign up for the ARPM Quant TourSIGN UP NOW