Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is it for?
You, likely, but not certainly. See here for more details.
2. How do I decide between the Bootcamp, the Quant Tour and the Marathon?
- The main difference between the Bootcamp or Quant Tour and the Marathon is in the scope and depth of learning. While all are fueled by the ARPM Lab, the Bootcamp provides a broad overview across all fields of modern quantitative finance; the Quant Tour allows for a longer period of time to absorb this overview and work through the theory and case studies; the Marathon delivers a masters level, in-depth knowledge of the same.
- The Bootcamp and Quant Tour cater more to people who want to understand the inter-relationships between the topics across theory and implementation, while with the Marathon, you get mastery of topics across theory and implementation.
- The Bootcamp is delivered onsite in New York once per year in an intense six-day program. The Marathon is delivered online and includes live sessions, so there are Spring and Fall terms that follow specific schedules. The Quant Tour can be begun at any time and is a self-paced program.
3. How does the ARPM Marathon compare with a Master’s in Financial Engineering (MFE)?
- Cost and time commitment are much less. The four modules of the ARPM Certificate cover all and only what you need to learn, without overlaps:
- Data Science for Finance
- Financial Engineering for Investment
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Quantitative Portfolio Management
- The ARPM Marathon also demonstrates a higher level of mathematical proficiency.
1. How much does it cost? Is there any special pricing?
2. How do I pay for it?
You can go to our Pricing page here, select the program and pay by credit card. We accept all major credit cards. We also accept payment through bank wires and certified checks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
3. Is there any monthly plan?
Yes, we offer a financial plan. Please contact email@example.com for inquires.
4. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our Pricing page.
1. Is there any deadline to enroll?
Bootcamp registration closes each year when all available seats are filled. Marathon registration closes before the start of each term. You may enroll in and begin the Quant Tour at any time.
1. How do I prepare for the ARPM Training?
We recommend you brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
Additionally, you can sign up for the preparation classes on Math, Python or Matlab.
Also, we recommend you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (accessible upon free account registration). Finally, for the onsite event, we will make the whole Lab accessible at a large discount two months before the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquires.
1. Is there a mandatory exam?
No. The Bootcamp Certificate of Completion is issued based on physical presence. The Quant Tour Certificate of Completion is issued based on tracked progress in viewing the video lectures and studying the Theory/Case Studies. A Certificate of Completion is granted after successfully completing each course of the Marathon. However, the Marathon does prepare students for the examinations required to achieve the ARPM Certificate.
2. When can I take the Certificate exams if I enroll in the ARPM Marathon?
You need to complete the Marathon courses that pertain to each exam first. (Data Science for Finance and Financial Engineering for Investment for Level I; Quantitative Risk Management and Quantitative Portfolio Management for Level II.) Contact us and we will schedule an information session to suggest the best sequence of courses for you. The Certificate exams can be taken after that as per the exam calendar along with the submission of the practical project.